“Dusit Thani Hotel School”, former name of Dusit Thani College (DTC) opened its doors on the 1st June 1993 on the Srinagarindra Road, Pravet, Bangkok under the strong determination of Thanpuying Chanut Piyaoui who was the Chairman of the Board and Managing Director of Dusit Thani Public Company Limited,.
The causes of founding
- There was a shortage of manpower, which was required to be knowledgeable and fully experienced in this field, which this kind of people could perform their tasks correctly and effectively.
- There were not enough educational institutes to educate that kind of manpower and some institutes were focused on the theory which was against the facts that working in hotel business needed to learn both theoretical and practical terms.
- There was the deficiency of hospitality courses that had not met the needs of the learners and the hotels.
- It was also lack of leaders in the academic development of hotel business which must develop the theory and practice simultaneously.
Therefore, Dusit Thani Hotel School was established to deliver personnel with specific knowledge and skills to the market and to be a grande force in the developing hotel business to strive for equal standards of the rest of the world..
At first, there were two courses which required two years of studying as follows;
- Diploma in Hotel Operations programme
- Professional Chef Diploma programme
Dusit Thani Hotel School was the first institute of Thailand which was approved for a college status and started to offer the undergraduate education in Bachelor’s degree staring in the academic year of 1996.
Currently, there are four programmes offered in Bachelor’s degree (Thai programme).
- MICE and Events Management
- Hotel and Resort Management
- Culinary Arts and Kitchen Management
- Service Innovation in Tourism and Hotel Business
Two Bachelor’s degree programmes are offered in international programme.
- Hotel and Resort Management with the academic certificate of École hôtelière de Lausanne
- Professional Culinary Arts, joint degree with of Le Cordon Bleu
A programme in Master degree is offered.
- Master of Business Administration (Hospitality Business Management)