Master of Business Administration in Hotel and Restaurant Management Program (This program is delivered in Thai)
1. Program Degree
M.B.A. (Hotel and Restaurant Management)
2. Program Objectives
- To provide learners with theories and applications related to hotel and restaurant business.
- To equip learners with sound management skills required by leaderships in professional business management.
- To prepare learners for career advancement in management position in hotel and restaurant industry.
3. Program Structure
|Subjects||Plan A(2) (Thesis)||Plan B (Non-thesis)|
|Hospitality Business Core Courses||15||15|
|Major Required Courses||15||15|
|Major Elective Courses||-||6|
4. Course Listing
- MBA.601 Introduction to Hotel and Restaurant Business
- MBA.602 Introduction to Hospitality Accounting and Finance
- MBA.603 Introduction to Economics
- MBA.604 Academic English for Master’s Study
4.2 Hospitality Business Core Courses – 15 Credits
- MBA.611 Human Resources Management and Leadership for the Hospitality Industry
- MBA.612 Marketing Management in the Hospitality Industry
- MBA.613 Hospitality Managerial Accounting and Finance for Decision Making
- MBA.614 Management Information Systems in the Hospitality Industry
- MBA.615 Business Research Methods in the Hospitality Industry
4.3 Major Required Courses – 15 Credits
- MBA.621 Revenue Management for Hotels and Restaurants
- MBA.622 Sustainable Development in Hotels and Restaurants
- MBA.623 Feasibility Studies for Hotel and Restaurant Development
- MBA.624 Strategic Management for International Hotels and Restaurants
- MBA.625 Seminar in Hotel and Restaurant Management Issues
4.4 Major Elective Courses – 6 Credits for plan B
- MBA.631 Managing Organizational Changes in Hotels and Restaurants
- MBA.632 Organizational Behavior in Hotels and Restaurants
- MBA.633 Crisis Management in Hotels and Restaurants
- MBA.634 Meeting, Incentive, Convention and Exhibition Management
4.5 Independent Study/Thesis
- MBA.681 Independent Study
- MBA.682 Comprehensive Examination
- MBA.691 Thesis
5. Academic System
- First semester : August – December
- Second semester : January – May
- Summer semester : June – July
6. Admission Period
- February - April
7. Admission Requirement
- Candidates are required to hold a bachelor’s degree in any field of study. The candidate is requested to register in any remedial subject if he/she did not study at bachelor degree level.
- Candidates should have at least one year of working experience. Recent graduates should have Cum. GPA of 3.00 from a scale of 4.00.
8. Tuition Fees
- Total fees are approximately Bht 250,000, excluding fees for remedial courses of Bht 4,000 each.